Who We Are
Codsall Multi-Academy Trust currently comprises of St Nicholas CE First School, Codsall Middle School and Birches First School. As geographical neighbours and partners with shared responsibility for the education of Codsall pupils from Nursery through to Year 8, Codsall Multi Academy Trust was formed in October 2016 to achieve their vision for:
- excellence throughout the EYFS, KS1, KS2 and KS3 phases
- a continued pathway for learning and pastoral support for children and their families
- maximising provision and opportunities for children, parents and staff within both schools
- working closely together with the aim of ensuring that each and every one of our pupils receives an outstanding education and is supported in becoming highly effective and successful members of society
Below you will find some further information about CMAT, including the moral purpose that binds us all together, information about the this and an outline of the key benefits that member schools have access to when they join our family of schools.
Key Benefits for CMAT Academies
Working in partnership, as part of CMAT Academy Trust, has a number of key benefits including:
- Rapid dissemination of best-practice across the group – sharing of policies, procedures etc.
- Excellent professional development opportunities, which support the recruitment and retention of staff.
- Sharing of teachers, expertise and best practice.
- Development of governance and sharing of skills.
- Access to high quality, shared services e.g. catering, premises, finance and ICT.
- Innovative staffing arrangements – for example, staff working across more than one CMAT Academy.
- Training days in common, facilitating high quality CPD.
- Economies of scale – CMAT can procure “value for money” services for all its Academies
A key principle of CMAT is that member Academies maintain their own character and distinctiveness with respect to Christian designation, age range etc. Indeed the logo symbolises the four stages of education represented within the MAT (EYFS, KS1, KS2 and KS3) emanating from the CMAT hub. Although independent, by working in partnership the CMAT schools will work together to be the best that they can be together.